Monday 27 June 2011

Should I ask if I am Ready for Pointe?

One thing in ballet that a girl certainly always wants to know is 'Am I ready for Pointe?' or 'When will I go En Pointe?' The girl will always have that question on her mind until she gets En Pointe. But another question these girls may want answered is should they ask their teacher if they are ready? It seems like a very daunting, scary even embaressing task for a girl to ask her teacher.
They may feel that their teacher will think they are not mature enough, impatient or 'not ready.'
This makes the girl feel even more under pressure than she already is.

Unless your at a decently high level in ballet and or everyone around you in your grade is en pointe, then there is no need to be worried, even no need to ask. But if your friends are in your grade and just bumping up onto pointe around you or your at a quite high of a level then you should probably ask, especially if it's worrying you. When you come out to ask don't go ahead and cut out all of the waiting, patience and maturity and ask "Why aren't I En Pointe?" don't cut the cake! Ask with maturity, "It seems everyone around me is En Pointe, I'm wondering why I'm not, am I doing something wrong?" if she/he says you are not ready then ask, "What can I do to improve myself?" then they will think your mind is ready but your body may not, this may even lead to going en pointe sooner than you might've expected.

Good luck to all the girls out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment